srImathE satakOpAya nama:
srImathE rAmAnujAya nama:
srImadh varavaramunayE nama:
srI vAnAchala mahAmunayE nama:
- Full set of pictures at https://plus.google.com/photos/107723698299182214927/albums/6105094597109410977
- elaborate thirumanjanam inside the temple for srIvaramangA nAchiyAr and dheivanAyakap perumAL (both of them adorning beautiful sauri – long hair)
- thiruppAvai gOshti and sARRumuRai
- puRappAdu to the banks of sERRu thAmarai (tank – lake) which is in the north side of the temple
- thAyAr and perumAL thIrthavAri in the tank along with devotees – literally thAyAr and perumAL dips into the tank – a great sight to behold.
- thAyAr and perumAL returns to temple
- thIrtham, prasAdha viniyOgam at the maNdapam
- thAyAr and perumAL puRappAdu from the temple to the mutt. ponnadikkAl jIyar was considered by thAyAr as her father. So the tradition of thAyAr along with perumAL to visit her father’s residence is followed till date in a grand manner on kanu uthsavam (day after sankarAnthi).
- they arrive at the entrance of the mutt.
- jIyar’s swamy’s kAshAyam (saffron colored clothes) are spread on the ground welcoming his daughter (thAyAr) and son-in-law (perumAL).
- ponnadikkAl jIyar (1st jIyar of the mutt) steps out of his sannidhi welcoming his daughter and son-in-law. current jIyar performs chAmara kainkaryam to ponnadikkal jIyar.
- thAyar and perumAL arrive inside the mutt.
- Honors to ponnadikkAl jIyar and varthamAna jIyar
- mutt thiruvArAdhanam (kOyil AzhwAr) perumAL/AzhwArs/AchAryas move aside and give their usual place to thAyAr and perumAL.
- thayAr and perumAL seated in the kOyil AzhwAr. ponnadikkAl jIyar stays in the side inside the sannidhi.
- thiruppAvai gOshti and sARRumuRai.
- thIrtham and prasAdham distribution.
- thAyAr and perumAL adorn makara kaNdigai (a special and precious ornament) and give their divine dharsan to all
- thAyAr and perumAL return to temple
Some pictures from the event:
Previous year article can be read at http://ponnadi.blogspot.in/2014/01/vanamamalai-kanu-uthsavam-and-ra-pathu.html